The idea for this plugin came to me after a request from a client for whom I developed a WordPress / WooCommerce based online store. The client wanted to have downloadable price lists in PDF format for each product category. His original plan was to generate the PDFs manually offline and upload them to the site but obviously there was a better way. So after doing some research and tests on some PHP classes for generating PDF files I made a polished WordPress plugin and published to CodeCanyon.
At the time of writing it has the following features:
- Widget for PDF Download Buttons
- 5 PDF Catalog Templates included.
- Create your own PDF templates in HTML.
- Generate per Category PDF and/or Complete Store catalog.
- 4 pages of admin options to fine tune your catalog content and design.
- Tested with stores with more than 1000 products.
- Pure PHP Solution (no need to install any plugins / does not use external services).
- Hide / Show catalog elements (e.g. SKU, descriptions, prices).
- Upload your own logo.
- Support for UTF8 catalogs (non-latin characters in PDF)
- Customize catalog text.
- Include product images in catalog.
- Support for product variations.
- Customize colors from Admin Panel.
- Hyperlinks in PDF for each product
- Caching for increased performance (catalogs are only generated once)
- Automatic page numbering.
- Header / Footer on each page.
- Send PDF to browser or force download option.
- Customise which categories appear in catalogs.
- Full Documentation included.
- Tested with WordPress 3.8, 3.8, 3.9 and WooCommerce 2.1.x
Thanks to comments I received on CodeCanyon I got ideas for other features, especially integration with other WooCommerce plugins which hopefully I’ll manage to implement soon.
The plugin can be purchased here for 15USD.